- Undergraduate researcher Janelly Eralte has been accepted to present at this years SACNAS. This will be her first conference!
- I had a great time presenting at this years SSI2018
- Undergraduate researcher Natalie Vegas has been accepted to present at this years Microbe. This is her second acceptance!
- I had a great time presenting at the New School
- Tee hee we’re famous
- Our CURE paper is out in the SENCER journal
- Undergraduate researcher Natalie Vegas received a Capstone award to attend this years MICROBE
- Undergraduate researcher Bien Porconi received a honorary mention for her poster presentation at this years CSTEP meeting
- Undergraduate researcher Natalia Tumidajski has been awarded a SACNAS travel scholarship to attend the SACNAS meeting in October
- Undergraduate researcher Natalia Tumidajski has been accepted to the SURP Program at Albert Einstein this Summer
- Undergraduate researchers Natalia Tumidajski, Bien Porconi, Dominick Mancini and Natalie Vegas have been accepted to present at this years ABRCMS in Tampa, Fl. Natalie will be giving an oral presentation!
- I’ve been invited to be a speaker at this years “What you can be with a PhD”. I’m chuffed
- We presented a poster at this years Applied and Environmental Microbiology Gordon conference
- Fabiola presented her work on using next generation sequencing to assess water quality at the American Society for Microbiology Annual General Meeting in New Orleans
- Minni was awarded a Capstone award to attend and present at the American Society for Microbiology Annual General Meeting in New Orleans
- We presented a poster at Microbes in the City: Mapping the Urban Genome at the NYAS
- We’ve been accepted to be a site for CUNY Service Corps and the READ project!
- Seven students of the lab took place in the Emerging Scholars this semester. Rimsha Azhar took second place in the STEM category in the Emerging Scholars Poster competition for her work characterizing the staphylococci from the environment. Faizan Malik took first place in the non-STEM category for his work describing how to motivate students in microbiology. Congrats lads!
- Assessing Reading: The READ Initiative. Oral presentation for “Closing the Loop on assessment of General Education” for the CUNY Assessment Council seminar
- I am now the program coordinator for Biomedical Informatics at NYCCT
- Invited to join CCRP DOE project aimed at improving student reading skills
- Invited Teaching Panel presentation at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Grant submitted to NIH mid blizzard – Fingers crossed for us all
- Minni, Kenny and Fabiola have submitted abstracts to the annual ASM meeting
- I’m off to China
- Our lab was featured on the college website
- Article published on healthybuilding.net on antimicrobials in building products
- Visited the NY Genome Center with the BIB club
- Gave a seminar at Queens College “Insights into the adaptability of the Staphylococci”
- Gave a seminar at New York Medical College “Lessons learned from Bacterial Networks: How to land and keep that academic job”
- New Paper online “Cytotoxic virulence predicts mortality in nosocomial pneumonia due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus”
- Undergraduate researcher Fabiola Fontaine has been accepted to the ABRCMS and she also received an award to attend!
- So I’m just back from the Sencer Summer Institute – was absolutely brilliant
- Presented at the UnderGround Zero event in the city